Support / Frequently Asked Questions
How to import your iTunes library
- Since version 12.2, iTunes no longer creates the XML file that Genialist Media Server reads to import the iTunes library. You can configure it to create the file and maintain it automatically as following:
- Open iTunes.
- In the menu, select Edit, then Preferences....
- In the General Preferences dialog box, go to the Advanced tab and select the Share iTunes Library XML with other applications option.
- Connect to Genialist Media Server with a user who have Administrator Role.
- Click on the Add Folder... icon in the Home page.
- In the Add Folder... dialog box, navigate to your home folder (c:/users/
- Navigate to the folder My Music, then iTunes.
- Click on the Select this Folder button to close the dialog box and start the import.
Where are my iTunes movies and TV shows?
Movies and TV Shows purchased from iTunes cannot be played outside iTunes software or iOS device Apple official Video apps.
Consequently, those are imported into Genialist Media Server but hidden by default.
You can make them visible by changing the configuration in the Device Settings page but the server will fail to play them.